Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm still here

Hello World!

Yeah, it has been a while. Sorry about that. The spring was CRAZY busy. The 10th annual Granite State Human Resources Conference was held May
6th in Manchester New Hapmshire. It was a successful event, but 500+ attendeees makes for a lot of work. Work I enjoy immensely, and that can be handled when I'm healthy, but 2 weeks before the event I was diagnosed with an infection of the lower intestine. OUCH!! I had to stop (something I'm not particularly good at BTW), and then my well choreographed schedule was blown to bits.

I had a back up plan (a must when you work solo), but fortunately, I didn't need it. There were things I would do differently for the event, but it went well all in all.

May was spent recovering and wrapping up the details. June was the end of the school year and all the details that go with that. July started what should have been two back to back trips, but due to a death in the family two became three.

So, here we are in August. Unbelievable. Planning for the 2009 Granite State Conference is under way, and it is time to start thinking about back to school and getting into fall routines again.

Come September I hope to be here more often. I am working during the month of August, but the load is less than other times of the year, so I'll also be spending some time with my family and helping out some friends.

Until then!
Leee

No comments: