Thursday, October 2, 2008

Procrsatination

Ever have a opportunity to do something you’ve wanted to do for a long time and then be completely paralyzed by the thought of actually DOING it?

Yeah, that’s been me over the last six weeks.

I love to write and I’m told I’m pretty good at it. Writing as a professional endeavor is certainly something I’d like to do more of. At the end of August, I was handed the keys to the kingdom so to speak. I was asked to be a contributor to a web site focused on providing small businesses with the resources they need to succeed. I’ve just been sitting here staring a the keys (the ones on my keyboard). I have a million things I’d like to write about and couldn’t pluck one of them out of my head. When I wasn’t having a brain cramp, I was easily distracted completing other tasks that “needed” to be done first. In all fairness to myself, I do have other responsibilities, but still I even upgraded my computer’s operating system before forcing myself to sit down and just WRITE!!

Today, I did it. I drafted my first submission. I haven’t posted it yet, but I’ve proofed it and set it aside for one last reading tomorrow morning. As soon as it posts, I’ll link to it here.

Yay me!

No comments: