Monday, January 7, 2008

Three Cheers for Rymes Propane

Everyone slept late in my house on Saturday morning. Trust me folks, this is a major feat. When I finally stumbled out of bed to greet the little guy, it thought it was chilly, but thought it was just my body grumbling about getting out of a warm bed.

After a while, I decided, it wasn't just me, it was chilly. Turns out, I was right, it was chilly, 56 degrees as a matter of fact (we keep the thermostats at 67). I called Rymes Propane at 9:00am (I checked at the clock as I put on a fleece robe) and left a message for the on call staff. In the mean time, my husband was tinkering with the furnace trying to determine a cause for the cold. Our gas fireplace worked as did our stove, so it wasn't a fuel deficiency.

The phone rang at 9:04 am. Much to my delight, it was NOT a political candidate or a pollster, it was Gary from Rymes. He had a sense of humor, politely asked some questions and promised to be to us within an hour. He was in my door before 10am and had the furnace going by 10:15 am (for those who care, a vacuum hose had dried out).

Can't ask for much better service than that. Thanks Rymes!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Isn't it funny how we're so not used to customer service these days that when it's good, we're amazed?

I had a similar great experience this week with QuickBooks Online, and it always just seems amazing.

But really it should be the other way around. We should assume we'll have good customer service, not bad!